> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 14:06:35 +0000
> From: a...@dvbstreamer.org
> To: freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] freevo 1.8.3 dvbstreamer record problems
>
> On Thu, January 8, 2009 1:31 pm, Matthew Job wrote:
> <snip>
> >> Yes and this is exactly what I do. I have a PC in the loft, closest to
> >> the
> >> aerial, which has 2 DVB cards in 1 for recording 1 for viewing and then
> >> run the recordserver on this recording to a local disk. The frontend
> >> downstairs then streams TV from the PC in the loft and plays recording
> >> from a NFS share also from the PC in the loft. Works a treat and means I
> >> can turn off/upgrade the downstairs PC with out chance of pain being
> >> inflicted on me by my wife/kids for recordings being missed :-)
> >>

> > Thats pretty much the setup i was going for
> >
> > I have setup Freevo recordserver on computer 1 and pointed the
> > recordserver variable in local_config on computer 2 at computer 1
> >
> > i am now getting the following error
> >
> > Exception in thread Thread-1:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
> >     self.run()
> >   File
> > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/record.py",
> > line 169, in run
> >     self.manager.select(adapter, prog.tunerid)
> >   File
> > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/manager.py",
> > line 86, in select
> >     controller.set_current_service(channel)
> >   File
> > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/comms.py",
> > line 88, in set_current_service
> >     (errcode, errmsg, msg) = self.execute_command('select ' + service,
> > True)
> >   File
> > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/comms.py",
> > line 67, in execute_command
> >     ctrlcon.open()
> >   File
> > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/comms.py",
> > line 256, in open
> >     self.socket.connect((self.host, self.adapter + 54197))
> >   File "<string>", line 1, in connect
> > error: (111, 'Connection refused')
> >

> Looks like dvbstreamer is no longer running, or your VideoGroup in
> local_conf.py is now pointer at the wrong computer.
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam

oops! it wasnt running, all fixed now

just 2 more questins if thats ok

1.  I have only got 1 dvb card at them moment.
In your setup how have you configured the freevo directories so that computer 1
running the main process can see the recording lock file on computer 2 so you
cant watch tv while recording?

2.  On the note of having a remote computer to handle the recordserver,
encoding server etc.  What settings do you need to put in the local_config to
setup a remote encoding server

I have put ENCODINGSERVER_IP = computer2 in the local_config and started the
encoding server on computer2 but whenever i attempt to reencode anything I get
the message that the encoding server is not running.

Thanks again

It's simple! Sell your car for just $40 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT