Hi,

I was wondering what is the place of Freevo 2.0 in the landscape of
alternatives? What makes it unique from all the other HTPC software?
There seems to be more competition here than there was five years ago.

This from a very happy user of Freevo 1.X through its DirectFB backend.
The best thing for me in Freevo (1) is the use of multiple separate
programs, especially its use of mplayer.

As for contributing, I could spend some time with the kaa.candy C
backend/clutter department, to give something back and to do my bit. But
only if I am well motivated about Freevo 2 in general.

--
Tuomas Tonteri