> Without TV recording Freevo 2.0 is no use to me personally. Unforunately I
> don't know enough python/C or have enough hours in the day to offer help at
> the moment.

Just as Freevo uses mplayer for music/movie playing, why cannot it use
tvtime/vdr for watching/recording tv? I guess it should be easier to
integrate both programs into freevo, in a similar way as mplayer, than
reinventing the wheel.

I don't know enough Python or C either, but I do use vdr for tv
recording, and I recall it from freevo main menu. Perhaps it wouldn't
be difficult to achieve a closer integration.