Hi,

On 17.07.2011 16:29, Tuomas Tonteri wrote:
> I was wondering what is the place of Freevo 2.0 in the landscape of
> alternatives? What makes it unique from all the other HTPC software?
> There seems to be more competition here than there was five years ago.

IMHO there is only one big new player: XBMC. Yes, there are others, but
they are small, just like we are now.

> This from a very happy user of Freevo 1.X through its DirectFB backend.
> The best thing for me in Freevo (1) is the use of multiple separate
> programs, especially its use of mplayer.

I do not want to change that. There are good video players and many good
people working on them. We do not have the man power to build our own
player and I don't want to. Just hook into mplayer and gstreamer and
reuse their good work.

Dischi

--
Veni, Vidi, VISA: