touche', As I recall I did throw in the 'non-linear', and maybe some
other stuff rather haphazardly.  It was a sloppy way of saying that I
know you guys have keen insight into what complex systems are and what
they do and I really wish you'd try to define it as observation tools so
people can learn how to identify them in their own worlds.

What my tools do is very sensitively strip away the homeostatic
fluctuation and reconstruct the larger scale dynamics so you can see the
timing of the structural changes.   Applying formulas to time series is
rigid a form to feel out and display the subtle shapes.  One of my
oldest studies is of the history of annual records of US GNP.  My
analysis shows that the growth rate steadily declines except at times of
large scale destruction/renewal.  It make sense, is part of various
growth theories I think, but I don't think anyone ever demonstrated it
empirically before.   http://www.synapse9.com/drpage.htm#usgnp

Phil Henshaw                       ¸¸¸¸.·´ ¯ `·.¸¸¸¸
680 Ft. Washington Ave
NY NY 10040
tel: 212-795-4844
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]