Well, the world is clearly behaving strangely and I want to ask again,
do we maybe know why?   It's been a couple months and there's still no
comment on my various suggestions here that growth is an explosive
process of developing complexity, and that as a process necessarily
overwhelms its own guidance systems if not checked by anything else.  It
unavoidably would reach a limit when repercussions explode and adaptive

Granted, the scale of world evolution is much larger and much slower
than we're accustomed to, and the disastrous speeds of events that can't
be responded to include those that can appear majestically gradual on a
human scale.  It takes some adjustment to think about it.  Most people
think society has greatly benefited from the systematic economic growth
that has continued for around 600 years.   I'm still saying 'stable
growth' is a deeply false plan and expectation, and I think we basically
know that.

What's strange is that stable growth clearly appears to be the world
professional and governmental consensus long range plan, using business
to rearrange the earth and our lives at explosively accelerating rates,
forever.  I think the big plan and what science has had to say about it
so far are deeply curious, don't you?

Are there vested interests who might pull our funding if we talked about
it?  Very possibly, but I think that's well down the list of the 101
possible reasons for our bizarre situation and relative professional
silence about it.  One that makes it through Ocham's Razor for me is
that when modern science took an interest in complex systems it
concentrated on theory rather than on carefully documenting the physical
phenomenon.  Well, anyway, that's what makes me ask this question.

Make any sense?

Phil Henshaw                       ¸¸¸¸.·´ ¯ `·.¸¸¸¸
680 Ft. Washington Ave
NY NY 10040
tel: 212-795-4844
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]