"The interesting option is to figure out what the
Interesting options are."

And that may be very difficult. The simplest would be to arrange regulation
and taxation so that the curves of increasing concentration of wealth and
income were turned in the opposite direction. That would allow some
evolution and create increased hope for more equal participation.

As the wise man said, "We have a business culture that knows how to create
wealth, but not how to distribute it"

What of deeper more profound possibilities?

We often hear lose talk about the interchangeability among energy, entropy,
information, and money. If this is true, we could see that money is just a
subset of a larger class of "wealth" of which perhaps real intelligence (the
kind that is both rational and deals with meaning for the species)is the
more interesting example. If this is true, then the "wealth" in human
capacity is already more evenly spread (I am assuming that genetics plus
life experience is not much smaller than genetics pus life experience plus
formal education) and would allow us - or force us - to reassess what
"economy" is all about.

Certainly what drives accounting practices is the recognition that some
major component of wealth is not captured by the existing system.

And it might lead to a different, and highly successful new kind of
entrepreneurialism, a kind that could put together this new kind of wealth
and compete with the existing system.

Does this line of thought have any potential?

Aristotle, in "Coming to be and passing away" wrote that we can have growth
without development (adding water to wine) and we can have development
without growth. (replacing a simple tile floor with a more complex one).
This also hints at new ways of thinking about the economy.

11:17 PM