Well, the geneological enquiry (as described) seemed more adversarial
than the traditional - the G guy is trying to discredit the other guy by
showing that he is just on a power trip of some sort.  I tend to look at
them as subtractive (G) and additive (T) sculpture - complementary if
some common goal is in mind, but the G guy never gets there, as he has
no motivation or handy mechanism to do so.  Then again, one has to
recognize that this characterization leans dangerously towards using the
G approach to criticize the G approach (though I think Corfield realizes
that and deals with it).

C.