I believe this is an important but subtle topic that deserves much more discussion.

I believe that the sfComplex should host a series of live discussions, probably starting with a Panel presentation by a handful of people representing differing but well-considered points of view.

I have been considering this since we opened our doors in June, but find that it is a very difficult topic. Perhaps the most difficult is the polarization that seems to come with it. I have a lot of strong opinions on this subject, some of which I've begun to try to share here. This thread (and the one it emerged from) have tapped a few of the ideas and opinions that need to be discussed.

We would need a format and possibly a good moderator to help avoid the many opportunities for spinning out.

Ideas, issues, topics are welcome.

- Steve