The problem with questions like the 40 on the NPI
test<http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-03-16-pinsky-quiz_N.htm>is
that the intelligent test-taker will immediately perceive the intended
goal of the exam and be capable of influencing the results at will.  Since
most of the questions represent two extreme endpoints of a given social
response, the appropriate answer in many cases is "NA", allowing the
respondent to answer as his inclinations dictate.  IMO, only a rather
average or sub-average intellect would allow himself to get caught out by
such a transparent guise.

Of course, we are talking about narcissists here.  On FRIAM...

--Doug