Hi Tori,

Guess I am up to no good again.

Misdirection . like a female chimpanzee trying to gain some fool's hard won
high hanging fruit with a wink and a Nod.???

Believe it or not even a simpleton like me has learned to do the same thing.
A little bit like the old trick for catching Bull Frogs.

A piece of red fabric torn from my little brother's undershorts,(sneaking
under a barbed wire fence to steal fruit) , a fishing pole and line and
hook. Just dangle it into the reeds and voila keep the froggies coming!,
because we are going to eat like the Frenchmen tonight. My brothers and I
were all simpletons. My father taught us the fine Art of pulling off their
Pantalons. My father escaped war torn Europe and his first job in Canada was
in a French restaurant. It was quite a change from being a soldier . Lately
I just pick chicken feet at Dim Sum when I want to upset the straight laced
old white ladies.

A little deceit and misdirection and we eat like kings and have a Jolly
time.

That Bullfrog is a perfect solipsist and very tasty one at that done in
butter with a slice of lemon. I think as kids we used an old Plymouth  hub
cap when they still had them, for a frying pan. I had a charming youth, I
built devious devices for professional Magicians and Marijuana Smugglers.
They all practiced the Art of deception one right in front of your face and
the other flying so low he intruded on grasshoppers (It was a good business
supplying Americans for many years, then everybody just got so serious and
started shooting even dragonflies. I was perfectly legal because I never
asked to know the truth! Ignorance of the fact is a legal defense even if
the ignorance is extremely well thought.Odd that ignorance of the law is not
acceptable but wilfull ignorance of the fact may still work. I guess it was
a compromise situation like a marriage.). Just because a man has an
education does not mean he is any less a scoundrel, perhaps more so.
Pleading stupidity is also a an Art form itself.

The Art of Deception; Nasrudhin and von Clausewitz have both much to say on
the matter. But I put myself in closer association with Hasek's, Good
Soldier Svec. He simply dyed stray mutts to look like purebred dogs with a
pedigree.

 Later I graduated to Academic research and dangling bits of brightly
colored acetate could get you a research grant. Many men are also solipsists
but I never tried eating one..

 Let no man accuse me of lacking guile. Funny having a scoundrel discussing
art and lies. What has the world come to.

A self professed unbeliever mingling with the Literati.  My My.

My daughter once asked why I never believed her, what should I have said?  I
probably muttered off hand "because she could not distinguish truth from
fiction "and neither could I when it came right down to the nitty gritty, I
can't believe myself why should I treat her any differently? I have always
had difficulty with sincere people..

My daughter is also an artist. That still leaves me an unrepentant scoundrel
with bad habits and a taste for the weird.

Assemble my lies and tell me what you think I value, I'd like to know
myself.

Vladimyr Ivan Burachynsky

Ph.D.(Civil Eng.), M.Sc.(Mech.Eng.), M.Sc.(Biology)

120-1053 Beaverhill Blvd.

Winnipeg, Manitoba

CANADA R2J 3R2

(204) 2548321  Phone/Fax