From: friam-boun...@redfish.com [friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of
lrudo...@meganet.net [lrudo...@meganet.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 8:07 PM
To: 'The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group'
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Peer review

I am told that in economics these days, some journals
do pay referees (which I presume means "peer reviewers")
an honorarium that diminishes by some set amount every
day from the receipt of the paper (not dipping below $0,
though; that *would* get my attention).

This might be an Academic Urban Legend, however.
And I don't really like to *talk* to economists...
it always makes me feel poor, nasty, brutish, and
short-tempered.