On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 07:24:43PM -0500, lrudo...@meganet.net wrote:
  The stills are JPEGs, the videos
> are 3gp (whatever that is, but miraculously both my linux
> boxes could display it, so kudos to Celestron for choosing
> that format).

3gp is a low-res MPEG4 format used by 3G phones for sending videos
between each (eg via MMS). MPlayer (used by most Linux media players)
has no problems figuring out how to play it - its a little more tricky
to generate the format from say a regular AVI or MP4 file, though.

Mathematics
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         hpco...@hpcoders.com.au