Russell Standish wrote circa 10-12-04 06:24 PM:
> 3gp is a low-res MPEG4 format used by 3G phones for sending videos
> between each (eg via MMS). MPlayer (used by most Linux media players)
> has no problems figuring out how to play it - its a little more tricky
> to generate the format from say a regular AVI or MP4 file, though.

This may be obsolete now and FFMPEG may do this without the tweak now;
but I'll link it here for the heck of it:

Converting Android 1.5 “Camcorder” videos with SAMR audio codec on
Ubuntu Jaunty with ffmpeg

http://blog.tempusdictum.com/index.php/gepr/uncategorized/converting-android-15-camcorder-videos-with-samr-audio-codec-on-ubuntu-jaunty-with-ffmpeg