Interesting, Bruce, thanks.

BTW: on the subject of being of use to Nick re: his burning question of why
water goes down the sink drain the way it does, Nick appears to have
rejected the characterization of this phenomenon as a "really, really hard"
fluid flow systems problem requiring graduate-level studies in the specialty
areas of fluid dynamics sciences as the necessary basis for developing an
answer.

Which leaves us where?

Apparently with Nick bitching that no one will answer his question.  I mean,
it's a simple question, right?

Also, as to Nick's suggestion that this list should refocus on complexity
issues:  I don't think I've ever worked on a more complex problem than when
I was developing simulations of fluid flow systems.

But, it was just a simple question, right?

--Doug

Doug Roberts
drobe...@rti.org
d...@parrot-farm.net