If you're going to talk about the brain, you need to pause slightly before you say it, then turn your head a degree or two, lift your chin slightly, look nobly into the distance, and say it in quotes. "the brain". Suddenly someone stands, we all raise our glasses, and they say, "Gentlemen, The Brain!", and we all go "The Brain!" ,"here, here!".

So, there's a lot of reverence for, "the brain" in terms of talking about behavior. As I chug along and think about things like learning and making music, there's some concern that many of the things I care about these days happen as "the brain" outsources
to other plexi, and how those plexi outsource on out from, say
the brachial plexus to (say) the wrists. I don't think we really have a good handle on how this happens, whether it's a developmental thing or whether it is something that it is reasonable to
think that     "the brain"     'does'.