Here is some information that is more objective than my impressions:

Pecos, NM is 80.08% Hispanic.  Of those who vote 75.95% are Democrats and
21.04% are Republican while 3.02% are independent.  The population in 2000
was 1,441.

Santa Fe's corresponding numbers are 71.99% Democratic, 24.01% Republican
and 4% independent.  In 2010 the population was 67,947 of whom 48.7% were
Hispanic.

I guess Republicans are more likely to put up signs in Pecos.  Either that
or my perceptions are biased.

The only Pecos resident that I know who posts on the Friam list is Gary
Schiltz but then he moved to Ecuador a couple of years ago.  He is not
Hispanic.

Frank

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz
Santa Fe, NM 87505

wimber...@gmail.com     wimbe...@cal.berkeley.edu
Phone:  (505) 995-8715      Cell:  (505) 670-9918