>From what I can make out, the Mormons in Utah agreed to
give up polygamy so that Utah could become a State of the
Union.

However, your Constitution apparently guarantees the First
Amendment Right to freely practice any religion. With religions
like Islam specifically permitting polygamy, how are your courts
dealing with it.

http://www.law.emory.edu/ifl/cases/USA.htm