A bit OT but ... Hmm.. Just got thinking about about Amazon being used by
Dropbox and their relative pricing.

Amazon charges $.095/GB/Month for its storage.  That's $9.50/Mo or
$114.00/Year for 100GB.
     http://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/

100GB is the first tier of paid Dropbox which goes for $9.99/Mo or
$99.00/year (17% discount).
     https://www.dropbox.com/upgrade

That's surprising: the same storage is actually cheaper on Dropbox!  Why?
- Az only charges for what you actually use, while DB charges for the 100GB
even tho you only use a fraction of it.  My guess is that for most folks
(say 50% utility) Az is cheaper.
- DB probably gets a volume discount but provides additional services for
the user.
- Arq is "just an app" but the same could be said for DB
     http://www.haystacksoftware.com/arq/

But then Google gets into the act: Google Drive costs less, only
$4.99/100GB/Mo.
 That's considerably less, but then GD is new to the game and it isn't
clear just how easily it is used. Possibly Arq, DB and others could offer
their services on GD for less?

But boy, this shows that there is considerable competition in the storage
world!

   -- Owen