I'm willing to donate a FRIAM license of
MyIdeaTree<http://www.myideatree.com>(drag and drop building of
network graphs from links).  I'd learn a ton
about usability from that.  The email / blog content would have to be
located on the web somewhere.

Ron

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net> wrote:

> Nick: could you do me a favor?  After all the input, could you sorta play
> "scenarios" or "prototypes"?
>
> These are common design practices that take an idea and actually mock it
> up.  Scenarios include "workflow" .. i.e. how the design is used on a
> daily, weekly, and archive basis.  Prototypes are a crude model of the
> design.  The Treo .. the first widespread PDA, started out life as blocks
> of wood of various sizes carried around .. in pockets, purses, hands etc ..
> to determine the appropriate size and form factor.  It included paper for
> "writing" (leading to Graffiti, the first touch writing trick) and "memory"
> (the paper wound around the block of wood.
>
> Designers think that way and have huge success.
>
> I think you're on to something but it has to be taken out of the idea
> realm into the tangible to make the next step.
>
> BTW: Fabio once said that much of the stuff on Friam should be a blog.
>  And a very early "electronic community", The Well, actually published some
> of their stuff.
>
>    -- Owen

Ron Newman
MyIdeatree.com <http://www.Ideatree.us>