Barry,
Yes, arrows can be of different types.  Colors are now supported in the UI.
 Styles (dotted, etc.) are supported in the backend, only awaiting an
afternoon to put in the UI to select the style you want.

Weighting of arrows is also supported, currently being saved in the shared
database, similarly just needs a selection form in the UI.  A heavier
weight on the arrow between nodes causes those two nodes to be laid out
closer together, indicating relevance to each other.

Size of nodes is currently selectable, I'm sure you saw that.

If by attribute of an arrow you mean labeling of it, that can currently be
done by clicking the asterisk next to the arrow.

Branches are minimized by clicking the minus sign (tiny) at the head of the
arrow.

Nodes may be clustered by dragging to the upper right to the tiny icon
that's there, just below "Summaries".  So there's some support for
arranging similar topics together.

Yes, I'm a big fan of crowd sourcing, in fact, that's the motivation behind
this.  If you haven't installed the button on your browser to insert links
to websites in a graph on the run as you browse, that's worth doing (Tools
menu).

Printing is practical up to a certain size, but .pdf export (Tools menu
again) is better, because it retains the active links.  Also, embedding a
clickable graph in a FRIAM website is possible, though that's public to the
world.

Ron

--
Ron Newman