On 2/8/13 8:32 AM, Bruce Sherwood wrote:
What I'm objecting to is the facile assumption in computer-savvy circles that "obviously" Windows and Microsoft are hopeless (roll the eyes). That's not the whole story.

I agree with that. The operating system is solid, and the development tools are first rate. It's even possible to do functional programming on Windows with F#. I don't want to function in that world, but I can appreciate it is possible to.

Marcus