Typical stomping grounds for philosophy but the practical issue is that
some of us object to looking at the clock and being told by a dead
president from a while back that it isn't 830 at night it's actualy 930 at
night and it's about that time to unwind. Some states and few reservations
seem to get along just fine w/o that nonsense. I know the rest of us can
it's not as if sudenly the dynamics of how the earth rotates in
relationship to the sun dramitcly changed- at least not sufficiently to
warrent a flip flop.

As to time being a construct- that's a mix of philosphy and at least
theoretical cosmotology- I can't remember where I read it some famous
person stated fairly certainly that the thermo dynamic sense of time and a
potential carrier particle of some sort interacting with us (ie humans and
the 3rd rock from the sun) such that while events do have a astronomicly
small chance to accur out of sequence that by and large it seems as if they
must happen in a certain order. The only exception is if we were
significantly closer to the galactic core where that might not be true. for
reasons I don't understand something having to do with the quanta of time
being less stable than it is where our solar system is located.