And all my whining about the "style" of Rich's message aside, I have to say the content reminds me a great deal of the truism (as I've heard it) from Buddhism of:

"The only thing different between after enlightenment and before enlightenment is that after enlightenmen you realize you have always been enlightened".

I find this quite compelling, even more so than:
    "When you meet the Buddha on the Path, kill him!"

Doug can decide if I'm in need of an "intervention"... maybe I *shouldn't* have read it twice!