I disagree with Jean-Baptiste Query's presentation, which implies that you
have to understand all levels of any process to understand the process
itself. If that were true we would all have to understand quantum mechanics
to understand everything. But no one understands quantum mechanics. So no
one understands anything.

Even if it's true that no one understands anything, it's not
a particularly useful way to approach things.

It astonishes me that we as (mainly) software people who glory in
abstractions even consider this insightful.

*-- Russ Abbott*
***  Professor, Computer Science*
*  California State University, Los Angeles*

*  My paper on how the Fed can fix the economy: ssrn.com/abstract=1977688*
*  Google voice: 747-*999-5105
  Google+: plus.google.com/114865618166480775623/
*  vita:  *sites.google.com/site/russabbott/
  CS Wiki <http://cs.calstatela.edu/wiki/> and the courses I teach