Gary-
As Russell and others have pointed out, TM provides a hybrid of version control
and backup. I wonder if it would be feasible to use SVN to manage an entire
operating system? You could in essence do hourly commits of '/' with periodic
pruning, but I'm sure it wouldn't be as simple as that. Would obviously need to
exclude some things like device files. The performance would likely stink big
time, too.

Gary

To all the Apple deriders: "Apple does it so it *can't* be that hard can it?"

Seriously... I've come to take it entirely for granted and while *that* is a bad idea, I am thankful not to be worrying (in the same way) about keeping my Macs from going AWOL without recourse.

- Steve