Proprietary Code (PC :-) has a place if people are willing to put up with it,
but then most people don't realize there are alternatives. That old Freedom vs.
Security thing seems apropos here. Many people are quite willing to put up with
a little less freedom for a little more security. I'm not sure where I come
down on the issue of whether or not those who are so disposed deserve neither.
Sometime I empathize a lot with the libertarians, but given our millions of
years of evolution, largely as a communal species, I suspect that libertarian
thinking is mostly an adolescent point of view.

Gary
Sent from my PC email client (Mail.app) running on a PC OS (Mac OS) running PC
hardware (MacBook Pro) - geez, what a hypocrite I am :-)