The "code" for democratic capitalism was written at Bretton Woods in 1944. It followed the initiation and rapid rise of consumer advertising and public relations, which began in the '30s and picked up steam in the '40s. I gave a TEDx talk in Albuquerque last weekend in which I put out a call for a "Bretton Woods 3.0." The talk should be posted on-line next week.

Merle Lefkoff
I'm wondering if Bretton Woods is "code" or more of a "design pattern"? I realize this all gets fuzzy with many levels of abstraction.

I look forward to your TEDx talk when it comes online.

- Steve