.aspx, so you can see the disdain before clicking ;)

I liked that post, it seemed sincere - but the (extensive) comments provide
more depth. You have people commenting that never use MS, always use MS, or
use a mix. In each of those categories, there are various levels of
animosity or lack thereof towards Microsoft, competitors.

For my part, I am typing this on a 10-year old Dell running XP, and besides
being rather slow, it has worked pretty well - when something starts
behaving weird I kill and restart the process, and it does not seem to
break anything. But support for XP is ending in a couple months, and I do
not have the budget for upgrading - and this computer could not handle a
bulkier system anyway. I do not program enough (read: at all, basically) to
compare something like Python vs .C# or Mono vs .NET, but it is just so
much nicer to learn about how my Linux system (the laptop it was on is
currently dead due to hardware problems; my fault) works and how I can
interface with it (bash is nice).

And contrary to the title of the article, and as many pointed out in the
comments, most of the ire directed towards MS is not past actions
(monopoly-securing), but current things like UEFI deals (which gave me an
annoying several nights a few months back) and the all-or-nothing manner in
which their programs interact; because the community college here bought
institutional Office licenses, their 'introduction to business computing'
class is predominantly an Office course (the rest is Windows Explorer).

-Arlo James Barnes