[a bit late, but...] These are *great* sites, thanks!  Fascinating read
about becoming a cracker-for-a-day! It might be worth trying that for
ourselves just to understand what we're up against.  I just had my twitter
account apparently hacked so got pretty interested in this.

Bruce Schneier's advice:
    https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2014/03/choosing_secure_1.html

So if you want your password to be hard to guess, you should choose
something that this process will miss. My advice is to take a sentence and
turn it into a password. Something like "This little piggy went to market"
might become "tlpWENT2m". That nine-character password won't be in anyone's
dictionary. Of course, don't use this one, because I've written about it.
Choose your own sentence -- something personal.

I thought about this independently (or remembered it!) and started thinking
about sentences and taking the first letter of each word: Star Spangled
Banner: oskysbtdel .. then adding other stuff that is unique per site and
fulfills n-Caps, n-Specials, etc silly rules. Since many hacks are
dictionary based (this means you XKCD), this avoids words completely.  Pub
tunes and chanties are great for this! Or favorite poems.

This is still somewhat low on the PW Hygiene scale, I bet, but still .. I'd
like to not have a PW mgr be the only one knowing the unique passwords, so
wanted a formula of my own, one I can remember for every site.

So questions:
- How many of us are now using completely random pw's generated by one of
the pw managers?
- Is sentence based stunts close to "random"?
- Wouldn't unicode help here? 16 bit characters would definitely bother the
crackers, right?

And we should remember, the massive hacks are only for sites that have
gotten an encrypted pw file and know a lot about it like what crypto it
uses etc.  The high order bit here is quick notification by compromised
sites.

   -- Owen