"So, your claim that it's not about objective reality is simply false.  Take
away your assumption of objective reality and your precise terminology argument
falls apart."

The point is it doesn't matter if the scientific method reveals a model that is
precisely what nature is.   The "illusion" of objective reality is fine if it
works.

>> Just like it isn't clear what climate change deniers are willing to nail
>> down.
>
> "But it is NOT "just like ... climate change deniers".  Are you seriously
> making that equivalence?"
>
> People on the left move the goal posts around to serve their argument just
> like people on the right.
> Sometimes people remove several words and replace them with "...", gosh, I
> don't know why!

Why?  Because removing the distracting text clarifies your analogy.  You're
claiming that the methods of the SSCE are just like the methods of climate
change deniers.  They're not just alike.  Yes, they probably both "move goal
posts around", because everyone does that, especially as they grow and evolve,
learn from what does and does not work, change membership, etc.  Not nailing
down exactly what you'll do from now till the year 3015 doesn't imply that
you're not nailing things down just like climate change deniers aren't nailing
things down.  Your "just like" analogy is so vague it's mind-bending.

> Collect some like-minded folks, create a distinguished board of directors and
> start arguing  from authority.  The premise that there are any particular
> "positive" goals has not been demonstrated.   It's just some
> randomwish-it-were-so thing they are throwing around -- it's not a hypothesis
> it is an assertion.    At some point in their "inquiry" there exists the
> possibility that their goals can be falsified.   So lose the goals and follow
> the evidence.    The voting booth is good place for this kind of activity.

OK.  What you're doing is _predicting_ what the SSCE will do.  That's fine.
But it's bad faith of you not to be clear that this is merely your prediction.
Or perhaps its (even weaker) your expectation.  To some extent, I expect the
same.  But I'm usually wrong, which means I'm interested in seeing if it
happens.

--
⇔ glen