Probably not what you want, but I author all my websites in LaTeX, and
use a combination of LaTeX2HTML and Makefiles to publish the site. I
use subversion or git to do content management. You could also use
latexml, which provides a slightly more modern output, but I like
LaTex2HTML because its basically a bunch of perl scripts that are
eminenently hackable.

Great for static websites, with all the added goodness of LaTeX (which
is a superior markup language for most purposes than Markdown).

Its also fairly easy to embed PHP and Javascript code directly into
the LaTeX source files too, so dynamic websites are also possible, but
with LaTeX macros, and perl scriptability, a lot can be done statically.

Cheers

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 04:16:47PM -0600, Robert Wall wrote:
> Hi Owen, et al.,
>
> You might also try this nearly-free ($17)
> <https://sites.fastspring.com/openwe/instant/kirby2-personal>,
> well-supported <http://getkirby.com/support>, database-free CMS
> <http://web.appstorm.net/reviews/web-dev/kirby-the-flat-file-cms-thatll-make-you-rethink-content-management/>
> called Kirby <http://getkirby.com/>.  It is file-based and very easy to
> implement just about anything you want to do on an individual personal
> website. You can also experiment locally with Kirby (without a host) on
> MAMP, XAMPP and PHP's built-in server for local installations.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Robert Wall
>
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net> wrote:
>
> > Are any of us using a static site generator? Here's a list:
> >     https://www.staticgen.com/
> > ​Basically it gets rid of the need for a Content Management System,
> > compiling the site from Markdown and html templates.
> >
> > I'm thinking of doing this, my old ISP died and it would be a good time
> > for a change.
> >
> >    -- Owen​

Principal, High Performance Coders