Yes and no.

The short answer is that there are some file and folder systems out there.
Kirb that was mentioned is unique in that it's (sort of) shareware, It's my
understanding so is pulse, and and grav.

For the most part there still in the 'for developers' stage. Where there
are all manner of gotchas. The size of the community, and ease of support
will very if your run into a Undocumented Feature.

It seems as if they fall on a spectrum. On one end there's  On one end
there's Grav, possibly Jekyll as well.
On the other end there's October.
Kirby, pulse and Wonder seem to be in the middle..

http://wondercms.com/

Its just files and folders, as far as I know just uses CSS to adjust it's
look and feel