I suppose REC didn't include the link so as to avoid implicitly encouraging
others to read the article.  I have no such scruples:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/magazine/what-google-learned-from-its-quest-to-build-the-perfect-team.html

On 02/29/2016 10:18 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
Why should less productive individuals enjoy “psychological safety” if they
aren’t essential to getting the job done?

I think the answer to this is because it's not a zero-sum game (or... they don't
think it's zero sum).  What is lost by ensuring psychological safety for the less
productive, or even the negative productive, is more than (not ≥, but >)
compensated for by the benefits.  Individually, of course, we all have to decide
how much we'll indulge our coworkers' prattling on about useless junk, damaging
our individual sense of fulfillment.  What type of prospective employee would
sacrifice personal measures of productivity for group measures?

--
⇔ glen