This has moved so far beyond what I'm capable of thinking about that I'm
lost. (Although I thank Nick for crediting me with pointing out the
activity of the visual cortex. Good point -- even though it didn't occur to
me to refer to it.)

I'm still way back at a much simpler question. What do Nick and Eric mean
when they use the word *experience *as a noun and as a verb as Eric did in
the following?

*whatever you are experiencing, you are experiencing it as somehow akin to
a visual experience*

Eric actually wrote the preceding not too long ago.

Or to take a more recent example, Nick wrote, "*I don’t think that is what
John had in mind."* What does Nick mean by "had in mind"?

The point is that both Eric and Nick seem to use subjective experience
language fairly freely but at the same time claim that it doesn't mean
anything. So my question continues to be what do they mean when they use it.