REC ETC,

Hi Roger,

I see you floating on Boston Harbor, even though I know you aren’t there yet.
Let me know when you finally are, so I can feel less foolish.

Reading Minds through the eyes would be, in behavioral terms, just making good
use of the behavior that follows when you give another person full eye contact
to predict that person’s future behavior.

I was interested most in the following:

the question was why they, reliably productive individuals, made such
unpredictably productive teams,

In Dave Wilson’s book, UNTO OTHERS, there is a wonderful story done by a
poultry researcher on production in crated chickens.  The tradition way to get
a good crate of chickens was to breed individual chickens for productivity.
That got you a crate of nine chickens that had to be debeaked to keep them from
killing each other and, even so, were always at each other.  So the researchers
decided to breed for crates, rather than for chickens.  Aggression backed off,
the chickens didn’t need to debeaked, and crate production rose.

I always thought MBA’s were like chickens.

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/>