"Not to change the subject, but make an observation: It has always been my
opinion that, had software development as a profession and practice been
derived from the computational science of Ramon Lull and Leibniz instead of the
computer science of Turing and Simon (Sciences of the
Artificial) trillions of dollars would have been saved and computers might be
human affirming instead of human subordinating."

The military industrial complex is much more affiliated with the former, it
seems to me.  (That's not a for or an against.)  That problem you describe is
one with humans, not with some particular approach to science.

Marcus