Well, that's kindasorta where I was going by complaining about definiteness. [sigh]  If
we allow that computations can arrive at indefinite answers (which I think is possible
with Marcus' comment about symbolic "computation"), then it's hopeless.
Computation covers everything.  But if we force ourselves to abide by Soare's definition
and computation must be definite, then there's PLENTY of reasoning processes that are
excluded.

Of course, it's turtles all the way down, though.  A pathological scenario is
produced when you bind a variable with a schema so that you've effectively
replaced one set of variables with another.  You can keep doing that as long as
you want ... even circularly.  And that leads us to the higher order concept
Rosen talks about, claiming that computers (or whatever your word for it is)
are categorically different from living systems ... i.e. living systems can
assign meaning to variables where machines cannot.

Whether something fits the intuitive concept of "computation" usually ends up
being about binding (or grounding).  If it's all merely syntactic manipulation of
symbols, then it's computation.  If it's something more, if it _means_ something, then
it's no longer computation.