But what you're arguing for is essentially the idea that all special-purpose
devices (should not can) be replaced by universal computers.  That's
unreasonable.  It makes good engineering and scientific sense to divvy up types
of computation.  The distinction in the question of whether the kind of
computation we do on paper is the same as what IBM Watson does is a meaningful
distinction.  It's also meaningful to try to dissolve the distinction.  But
that doesn't devalue the tasks and thinking that rely on the distinction.

--
☢ glen