Heh, to be as clear as possible, there were 4 questions in the OP and several
follow-up questions, summarized below.  I think the additional ideas on
computation were (mostly) addressing the follow-up questions, particularly the
_exploration_ of the idea that not all inference is computational.  But those
additional ideas also address the OP question #2 to some extent.  We have 1
answer to OP #1 from Dave.

On 07/02/2016 08:30 AM, Nick Thompson wrote:> Dear Friammers,

On 07/05/2016 06:25 PM, Nick Thompson wrote:
> If one has to use an “artificial” stop rule such as “quit when you get to the
> tenth decimal point”, is such a problem deemed “computable” or
> “non-computable”?  Can one “compute” the square root of two?

On 07/06/2016 11:33 AM, Nick Thompson wrote:> Thanks, Glen,

--
glen ep ropella ⊥ 971-280-5699