Well, sure, competence in communication involves both abilities: 1) to
compress/abstract out detail so as to state your point clearly and 2) to place
such a point inside a use case, a narrative.  And although I think of
abstraction as one of my skills (at least I tend to do it all the time, perhaps
badly), I'm wary of the inscribed _bias_ that comes with
pre-[compressed|abstracted] morals-of-the-story.  This is, I think, why that
paper on "pseudo-profound bullshit" was interesting.  Any compression of
someone's experience will be very helpful _if_ accompanied by the very boring
type of facts of interest to a private investigator.  But all compressions of
someone's experience are merely pseudo-profound bullshit in the _absence_ of
those tedious details.  If forced to choose between (1) xor (2), I much prefer
(2).

This is pretty much the only reason I'm willing to vote for Clinton.  (willing
but not yet decided... I may still go for Stein or Johnson ... or maybe
Cthulhu: https://cthulhuforamerica.com/)  She's a bit of a wonk, much less
capable of the vacuous, warm and fuzzy platitudes Obama gives us, but much more
credible sounding than Trump because she articulates (at least some of) the
details.

--
☢ glen