Thanks, Eric, for making that clear.

I feel like as an Old Deweyan, I should be for free trade.  After all, if I
believe tin the market-place of ideas, surely I believe in the free market
place of marketplaces.  But isn’t it also Deweyan to believe in rational
democratic planning?

Also, I have always been wildly ambivalent about disruption.  It does seem that
whenever we put the cat amongst the pigeons, it’s always the  pigeoneers with
the most pigeons that pick up the strays.  I suppose there are some fat cats,
but for the most part, the cat is working for the pigeon oligarchs.  Ach!! This
metaphor is getting out of hand.

Ok.  Here’s a question:  putting aside dumb conspiracy theories, if TPP is so
bad, why is Obama for it.  Deep answers only, please.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/>