I don't know what "deep answers" means.  But my understanding is that if we
allow China to dominate trade in the region, then we (may) lose seats at lots of
negotiating tables.  If we lead negotiations and have an excuse to stick our noses into
every negotiation, then we retain more of both non- and military influence.