“I have gotten involved in email exchanges on FRIAM and elsewhere that were so
good that I wanted to save them in chronological order and perhaps edit them
into some kind of text for the authors to present elsewhere.”

If you think there is value in some discussion, a better thing to do IMO is
synthesize the takeaway into another discussion, in whatever (same or
different) venue.    But then, I’ll never understand why Instagram is so
popular either.  People with cameras are so irritating!    Participate in the
moment, don’t construct a picture of it to share with your real friends later.
Marcus