On 11/14/2016 09:20 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> They are attributes of the parts.   These parts have failed to recognize
> their own corruption and participation in implicit bias, and it is on them,
> not `elites' to `educate' them on how to think.

But you're relying on the same whole/part ambiguity Williams conflates.  Yes,
the racist attributes of the system map to the individual's myopia, their
inability to extrapolate to the consequences of their own actions.  But at the
system layer, the attribute is racism.  At the individual layer, the attributes
are not racism.  Myopia (and other types of ignorance) at the individual layer
can generate all sorts of systemic effects.  If such gen-phen mappings were
always bijections, then there would be no "complex systems".

And to quote my dad: "Problems should be solved by whoever sees them."  Sure,
those who can't see various things, like all of us, should always be working on
expanding their vision.  But if you clearly see a problem, then you bear the
responsibility to work on it.  This isn't elitist.  It's banal.

--
␦glen?