<<But you're relying on the same whole/part ambiguity Williams conflates.  Yes,
the racist attributes of the system map to the individual's myopia, their
inability to extrapolate to the consequences of their own actions.>>

In a democracy, we are equals.   They've acted in their own self- interest, and
I didn't really need to.   I voted for our collective interest, which was, as
far as I am concerned, sabotaged in obscene fashion by rust belt voters,
possibly for generations.   Individuals that don't listen to fact, reason, or
respond to arguments (like almost every editorial and analyses by all of the
distinguished newspapers for more than a year), deserve what they get.  The way
I see to solve this problem is to let evolution do its thing.

Marcus