Steve writes:

<<Was Bernie - before - Clinton  ever on the table for the FriAM congregation?
 Did anyone ever give a nod to Jill and the Greens or Gary and the Libs (sounds
like rock group names, eh?) or even McMullen and his ???s ?   Or is it truly a
pro-Clinton cabal?>>

I thought the democrats had two decent candidates, at least on technical
grounds.  I was rooting for Bernie during the primaries, although I don't
really buy that the donor class and super pacs are so terrible.   Jeb Bush had
a big donor base and so did Clinton.  It didn't help.   People that put down
$$$ are at least people putting their money where their mouth is -- in contrast
to those that get their emotions all spun up with little in the way of facts to
ground their preferences.    The stabilizing force of all that money and
organization seems pretty reassuring right now.

I don't think the micro-candidates will work.  First of all, if they had the
chops to be professional politicians, they could navigate the two party system
and move up through the ranks.   Ranked-choice voting is fine by itself, but at
some point you're not really going to get what you want anyway: It's a high
dimensional set of preferences getting projected down to just a few.   If there
are more than two choices then the winner could get less than 30% of the vote.
 That's not much of a mandate.  Instead of a divided America (2 parts) you get
a fragmented America (many parts).

Marcus