I'm more on the "given that 'common understandings' itself can be fraught,
given a that 'deep linguistic structure' may be problematic (ie not so
fruitful as we may hope), let's figure out what can you do now" sort of
frame of mind.

For example, Sabine might talk about issues with "emergent gravity", and
that conversation is more interesting in that it has a different take on
"emergence" than I had expected than that it is about current issues in
physics.  Nonetheless, that conversation is more phenomenological, ie "what
experiments can we do next" to resolve what we're talking about.

Carl