I just gave you an example. But it's weird because nobody ever responds to my
mentions of eyeball saccade.  You also didn't respond to my scalar multiplied
by a matrix analogy (an analogy because I was talking about comprehensions,
which matrices are not, technically).  So, rather than give you more examples,
I'll treat you like an atheist treats Christians.  What sort of example would
make sense to you?

I have no idea why you used the word "duality".  The ways of organizing things
(heter- vs. hier-) would only produce a duality if the different ways of
organizing were *functionally* equivalent.  My attempt to change language from
"level" to either "layer" or "order" is an implicit assertion that heterarchies
are functionally *different* from hierarchies.  (To be more specific,
hierarchical systems are less expressive.)  So, a duality might be achievable
between 2 differently arranged heterarchies, but not between a hier- and a
heter-.

By choosing 2 things of (we assume) the exact same type like Siamese twins, you
provide a set that probably does not require a heterarchy to organize.
Fraternal twins would be a better choice because while they are both of the
same kinship, their *genes* differ significantly.  Genes are of a lower/quicker
order than kinship.  But typical understanding of kinship operates over BOTH
the high level (who's your daddy) and low level (what color eyes does your
daddy have).  While you *can* construct a hierarchy to handle that situation.
There may be some situations (e.g. recessive genes, step-parents, etc.) that
the hierarchy can't express but the heterarchy can.

Note that "order" doesn't technically require heterarchy, either, really.
Technically, an ordering like we have in 1st to 2nd order logic is still a
hierarchy, just with mixed operators.  You'd only *need* a heterarchy when
there are external (to a given hierarchy) objects/relations that need to be
accounted for.  But I suggest the social kinship, biological kinship, and
genotype system does approach that need, where even if you can formulate the
social as a hierarchy and the biological as a hierarchy, the mixing of the two
different hierarchies requires a heterarchy.

I hope this is not a conversation stopper.  That's not my intent.  But based on
my failures, here, I'm clearly very bad at this.

--
☣ uǝlƃ