Glen says to Nick:

> I have no idea why you used the word "duality".

I am very afraid that Nick's use (is metaphorical and) can probably be
traced back to having read/heard someone writing about "the wave/particle
duality" or the like.

I'm not sure what *you* mean by duality: the rest of your post, which I
excised without thinking, makes it clear you have a definite, and precise,
and *not* metaphorical meaning for it, but I don't think it's a meaning I
know; and I'm doubtful that Nick, even if he's seen/heard you using it and
has had it explained to him, can explain it to *me* so that I'd understand
it...would you mind doing so (you can point me towards a reference instead
of rehashing it yourself!)?